Friday, November 26, 2010

thanksgiving

so, it's the day after thanksgiving and instead of going shopping, i decided to stay in hyde park and get some work done...then i got a bit distracted and here i am writing on my blog. such is life, sometimes. so, today i'm taking inspiration from a dear friend's blog and doing a list of things i'm thankful for.

i'm thankful for a year spent falling in love with a community of people in eastern slovakia

i'm thankful for the support i had in that year

i'm thankful for a fellow yagm who was my saving grace and shared her glee with me

i'm thankful for my fellow yagms (in the rca-inclusive sense) around the world who shared in the experiences with me and who shared in coming back with me at re-entry

i'm thankful for continued communication with some of those i love in slovakia

i'm thankful for visits while in slovakia from friends and family

i'm thankful for my return to the united states

i'm thankful to be back in the same country as my cerp

i'm thankful for pre-thanksgiving time with my favoritest roomie ever

i'm thankful for friends and family who love and support me and my journey to and in seminary

i'm thankful for seminary and the amazing learning and growth opportunities here

i'm thankful for open hearts, homes, and tables for relationships

i'm thankful for continued opportunities to be with people

i'm thankful for a church family that supports all of me in this journey

i'm thankful for opportunities to grow and push beyond my comfort zone, to challenge myself, and to find that me that is a bit hidden deep inside right now

i'm thankful to be surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses.

i'm thankful for my relationship to a loving creator who has counted every hair on my head

love, laughter, tears, miles, time, space, hugs, handshakes.  my year has been full and blessed with good and bad.  for that i am and hope to always be grateful

1 comment:

IowaStudent said...

What a beautiful list. Hope you never forget your journey thus far, or to look forward to the adventures to come.